St. Francis coming to Bailey Memorial Stadium
UPDATE - SPECIAL PRICE FOR THIS SATURDAY'S GAME; GAME NOTES & HONORS; PC WINS 3RD OUT OF LAST 4 - 26-14 over St. Francis
The Presbyterian College football team wraps up non-conference play against Saint Francis on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Bailey Memorial Stadium in the fifth straight home game for PC. The game can be seen on the Big South Network.
Who: Presbyterian (2-3, 0-0 Big South) vs. Saint Francis (3-1, 1-0 NEC)
When: Saturday, October 7 – 1 p.m.
Where: Bailey Memorial Stadium
Watch: Big South Network
Listen: Sunny 103.5 FM / Fox Sports 1400 AM / WPCC 1410 AM (Ryan Clary, John Orck)
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseFtball (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Ends Non-Conference Play Against Saint Francis
• Presbyterian wraps up non-conference play in the fifth game of its seven-game homestand against Saint Francis on Saturday at 1 p.m.
• It will be the first meeting on the gridiron between the two.
• Saint Francis enters Saturday’s matchup coming off a win over Big South foe Liberty, 13-7, in their first road game of the season.
• The Red Flash are averaging 31.7 points per game, thanks in part to play of quarterback Bear Fenimore, who has thrown for 947 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Last Time Out
• PC fell to seventh-ranked Wofford, 31-7, in the first matchup between the two since 2013.
• The Blue Hose got a second-quarter touchdown from Torrance Marable, his team-high-tying fourth of the season, for its only score of the game.
• Ben Cheek led the offense with a career-high 19 completions for 130 yards, while leading the rushing effort with 11 carries for 44 yards.
• Grant Beidel recorded his second straight double-digit tackles game with 12 to lead the team.
• KJ Presley managed 3.5 tackles for loss, most by a PC player this year.
Beidel Top 5 Nationally in Tackles
• Linebacker Grant Beidel has totaled 58 tackles through five games, fifth-most in FCS this season and tops in the Big South.
• The senior has back-to-back games with 10+ tackles, after reaching 15 against Cumberland and 12 against Wofford.
• He established a career-high against the Citadel, managing 17 tackles, which ranks top 10 in the country for a single game this season.
• The linebacker led the Blue Hose a year ago with 76 tackles on the season. He is currently well on his way to surpassing that mark this season.
Cheek Showing Consistency
• Redshirt junior Ben Cheek has proved consistent in the backfield for PC over the past three games.
• Cheek threw for a then career-high 142 yards on five completions against Campbell on Sept. 16, throwing two touchdowns in a game for the first time in his career.
• He followed up that performance with one of the best of his career, completing 14-of-15 passes for 148 yards and a touchdown against Cumberland on Sept. 23. He added 56 rushing yards against the Phoenix to give him 204 yards of total offense, just shy of his career-high.
• He established a new career-high with 19 completions against Wofford on Sept. 30, throwing for 130 yards, in addition to rushing for a team-high 44 yards.
• Over those three games, Cheek has thrown for 420 yards on 38 completions, while also rushing for 118 yards.
Presley Sends Wofford Backwards
• Redshirt freshman KJ Presley recorded 3.5 tackles for loss against Wofford for a loss of 10 yards.
• Presley’s 3.5 tackle for loss are the most by a PC player since Isaiah Lynn totaled 4.0 tackles for loss against Gardner-Webb in 2014.
• The 10 yards on tackles for loss are the most since last season when Khari Rosier (16) and Grant Beidel (11) both reached double digits at Chattanooga.
• Presley now has 5.0 tackles for loss on the year, putting him on pace for 11.0 on the year, which would be the most by a PC player since 2013.