One more run
PC concludes 2016 season at South Alabama
• Presbyterian will travel to South Alabama on Saturday in the final game of the 2016 season for PC. The Blue Hose will finish the year on the road for the first time since 2014. • The two teams will meet for the first time in the history of the two programs, despite beginning the season with a different opponent scheduled for Nov. 19.
• PC and USA will meet thanks to buyouts from Florida and LSU, respectively. The Florida-LSU game, originally scheduled for Oct. 8, was postponed due to Hurricane Matthew and was moved to Nov. 19 to allow both teams to complete the conference portion of their schedules.
• PC has won its last two season finales with low-scoring victories over Gardner-Webb (2014) and Kennesaw State (2016). Last season, PC topped KSU, 13-7, at home in the first ever meeting of the two schools.
Last time out
- Presbyterian fell to Kennesaw State, 45-10, in the final conference game of the season for the Blue Hose. It was PC’s first trip to KSU and just the second ever meeting between the two.
• Khari Rosier led the defense with a career-high 13 tackles, most by a PC player this season.
- Ben Cheek scored the lone touchdown for PC, rushing for the score from one-yard out in the third quarter.
• PC offense struggled to get going but was able to spread the ball around, as eight different receivers caught a pass and six different players recorded a rush.
Rosier finishing career strong
- Senior defensive end Khari Rosier continues to finish his career in strong fashion to add to an impressive era at PC. • In his final season, Rosier has totaled 57 tackles, already a PC Division I era single-season record for tackles by a defensive lineman.
• He recorded a career-high 13 tackles at KSU on Saturday, four more than his previous high and the most by a PC player this season.
- The native of Lithonia, Ga. also ranks in the top 10 in PC’s Division I era for career sacks and tackles for loss. He enters his final game at PC in fourth place in both categories with 9.5 career sacks and 24.0 career tackles for loss.