Blue Hose aim for upset in Charleston
PC heads east on I-26 to face top 10 Charleston Southern
- The Presbyterian College football team heads on the road to face Big South foe Charleston Southern on Saturday night in Charleston.
• PC and CSU have meeting every year since 1993 with the Blue Hose holding a 14-9 advantage in the series, including a 7-5 mark at CSU.
- PC took the last meeting played in Charleston, earning a 7-3 victory. Demarcus Rouse scored the only touchdown in the game, a 48-yard run in the first quarter.
- Last season, the Bucs topped the Blue Hose, 10-7, in Clinton. Darrell Bridges rushed for 104 yards and a touchdown. PC held the eventual Big South Champion to 275 yards of total offense.
Last time out
- Presbyterian picked up its first conference victory of the season, topping Monmouth, 17-13, in Clinton in the second Thursday night game in Big South history.
• Ben Cheek and John Walker combined to go 22-of-35 passing for 258 yards and two touchdowns. DaShawn Davis hauled in seven passes for 89 yards and a touchdown, while Daryl Wilson caught five passes for 86 yards and a the go-ahead score.
• The PC defense held Monmouth to 287 yards of total offense and 13 points, well below their season averages of 392.7 and 28.7, respectively, entering play on Thursday.
Rosier named big south defensive player of the week
- Senior defensive end Khari Rosier was named Big South Defensive Player of the Week for the first time in his career after his performance over Monmouth last Thursday.
• Rosier totaled five tackles in the contest, including 2.5 tackles for loss and a 0.5 sack in the 17-13 victory.
- The native of Lithonia, Ga. has totaled a team-high 7.0 tackles for loss on the year to push his career total to 23.0, fourth-most on PC’s Division I era career list.
Bridges near 2,000-Yard Mark
• Darrell Bridges enters play this week with 1,961 rushing yards for his career, second-most in PC’s Division I era, coming in 25 career games for the Blue Hose.