Blue Hose, 0-2, want to get over the hump against Campbell
Blue Hose Football Takes On Campbell on Saturday
The Presbyterian College football team hosts Campbell in a showdown of future Big South opponents on Saturday at 7 p.m. at Bailey Memorial Stadium. The game can be seen on the Big South Network.
Who: Presbyterian vs. Campbell
When: Saturday, September 16 – 7 p.m.
Where: Bailey Memorial Stadium
Watch: Big South Network
Listen: Sunny 103.5 FM / Fox Sports 1400 AM / WPCC 1410 AM (Ryan Clary, John Orck)
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseFtball (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
Blue Hose Host Future Big South Foe Campbell
• Presbyterian will host soon-to-be Big South foe Campbell in what was originally slated to be PC’s home opener.
• The two will meet for the third time in the series with the previous two meetings coming the last two seasons, both PC victories.
• The Blue Hose and Camels first met in Clinton in 2015 in a 23-13 PC victory. The home team rushed for 148 yards and three touchdowns en route to the win.
• PC then traveled to Buies Creek, N.C. for the first time last season, pulling off a 31-14 road victory.
• Will Brock made his first career start in the 2016 contest, throwing for 129 yards and two touchdowns in the win. The defense held the Camels to 14 points, its second-lowest total of the year.
Last Time Out
• Presbyterian fell to No. 13 Citadel in the first game between the two in Clinton since 1937.
• The Blue Hose scored on their second possession of the game, needing just one play and 18 seconds to do so as Torrance Marable went 76 yards for the score, tying the game at 7-7 at the time.
• Three PC players managed double-digit tackles on the afternoon, led by Grant Beidel’s 17 stops. Maleek Catchings added 12 tackles, while Michael Branch had 11, also career-highs respectively.
• Will Brock saw his first action at quarterback since suffering a season-ending injury a year ago. He was 9-of-15 passing for 86 yards in his return.
Marable Excelling to Start His Career
• Freshman running back Torrance Marable has led the Blue Hose offense through two games thus far, totaling 255 rushing yards on 23 attempts for an average of 11.1 yards per carry.
• His 255 rushing yards are the most by a PC player in back-to-back games since 2015 when Darrell Bridges rushed for 290 in consecutive games against Coastal Carolina and Charleston Southern.
• The total is the also the most rushing yards by a PC player in the first two games of a season in the program’s Division I era. The previous high was 220 yards by Lance Byrd in 2011.
Beidel Racks Up Tackles
• Senior linebacker Grant Beidel amassed a career-high 17 tackles against the Citadel on Saturday. He now leads the team with 23 tackles this season.
• It was the most tackles by a PC player since Donelle Williams recorded 18 tackles against Chattanooga in 2015.
• Through two weeks of play, the 17 tackles ranks tied for third in the nation in single-game tackles among FCS players.
• Beidel shattered his previous career high of 11, coming on two occassions.
Other Notables Against The Citadel
• Sophomore wide receiver Cedric Frazier tied his career high with five receptions on Saturday, totaling 50 receiving yards to lead PC. He previously managed five receptions in the win over Monmouth last season.
• PC had three players reach double-digit tackles on Saturday. It was the first time that at least three PC players recorded at least 10 tackles in the same game since 2015 when DaRon Dickey (10), Kevin Green (11) and Donelle Williams (13) each had at least 10 at Western Carolina.
• Malachi Brown made his first career start on Saturday, coming at cornerback. He totaled six tackles and forced fumble in his first significant action.
• Tight end Riley Hilton, who missed the entire 2016 season with an injury, caught two passes for 28 yards on Saturday, including a career-long 21-yard reception.
Back Under the Lights
• PC is expected to host three home night games this season, hosting Campbell, Monmouth and Wofford at 7 p.m. on Sept. 16, 23 and 30, respectively.
• Since night games came to Bailey Memorial Stadium in 2014, PC is 4-2 under the lights.
• The Blue Hose opened the 2014 season with a night game against Bluefield that ended in a 69-14 rout. PC then earned a 10-7 win over 12th-ranked Furman the following week under the lights.
• PC topped Campbell 23-13 on Sept. 19 last season to improve to 3-0 in night games at the time. Chattanooga ended the unbeaten night streak the following week with a 21-0 victory over the Blue Hose.
• PC then earned its fourth night victory in six tries with a Thursday night victory over Big South foe Monmouth, 17-13, last season.