Another top-level opponent
PC hosts Coastal Carolina to start two-game homestand
- Presbyterian returns home to start a two-game homestand, hosting Coastal Carolina on Saturday at 2 p.m.
• The two have met every since 2007 with the Chanticleers holding an 8-1 advantage in the series. The former Big South member is an FCS Independent this season as they transition to the FBS level.
- Last season, PC gave then No. 1 CCU a scare in Conway before falling 24-17. PC drove down the field on its final drive of the game with a final play to try to tie it but the pass fell incomplete.
- Darrell Bridges rushed for a career-high 186 rushing yards in the contest, while Kaleb Griffin threw for 157 yards. The Blue Hose defense forced a pair of turnovers in the game.
Last time out
- Presbyterian suffered its second conference loss of the year, falling to Charleston Southern, 38-3, in North Charleston last Saturday.
• PC struggled to get going on offense, amassing just 102 yards of total offense, the lowest output for the Blue Hose since 2011 when PC was held to just 48 yards against FBS opponent Cal.
- John Walker made his first career start at quarterback, the third PC QB to make a start this season. He was 14-of-22 for 74 yards in the game, finding eight different receivers for a completion.
• Grant Beidel totaled 11 tackles and an interception in the loss. He has reached double-digit tackles in two of his last three games and is the only PC player to total at least 10 in a game this season.
Bridges set to reach 2,000-Yard Mark
- Darrell Bridges enters play this week with 1,984 rushing yards for his career, second-most in PC’s Division I era, coming in 26 career games for the Blue Hose.
• Bridges would become just the second player in the program’s Division I history to reach 2,000 career rushing yards. Lance Byrd currently sits atop of the Division I era career list with 2,631 rushing from 2009-12.
- The running back also sits tied for fourth on the career touchdown list with 11. He is just three touchdowns shy of second place. Demarcus Rouse holds the D1 era record with 22 touchdowns.
- For his career, Bridges is averaging 75.3 rushing yards per game for 26 games.