If you had property damaged in Monday night's accident

Claims for damaged private property will need to be filed with the vehicle(s) that have been assigned as “contributing” to the collision.

The automobile collision on West Main Street caused extensive damage to City property and residential property in the northwest quadrant of the city. “Our thoughts and prayers are with those who suffered injuries as a result of this incident,” said City Manager Frank Stovall. The City has received several inquiries as to how residents may go about repairing or replacing damaged property. We trust the information below will assist in helping you understand this process. The incident was caused by a privately owned vehicle(s) and not by the City of Clinton. Therefore, the City of Clinton has no liability in this incident. The City also suffered damage to electrical distribution property as well. The cause of the collision is being investigated by the City of Clinton Department of Public Safety in conjunction with SC Department of Public Safety’s MAIT (Multi-Disciplinary Investigation Team) Division. Claims for damaged private property will need to be filed with the vehicle(s) that have been assigned as “contributing” to the collision. Please contact the City of Clinton Department of Public Safety regarding any reports or information related to this collision. They can be reached at 864.833.7512. In the interim, you may want to consider filing on your homeowner’s insurance policy. Your insurer may then decide to subrogate the claim against the liable party at a later date. In order to file a claim, most insurance companies will want to know the following information regarding damaged property: Year, make, model, and serial number of the damaged property and cost If you have receipts for the property, you may include those as well. Do not throw anything away that you plan to claim. The insurer may reserve their right to inspect any and all damaged property that you are claiming as a result of this incident. Please note that all claims will be limited to the actual coverage and limitations of each individual homeowner’s policy. The City makes no implied or express warranties or guarantees as to what your policy will or will not cover and provides this as information only. Electrical meters and other city-owned electrical equipment will be repaired or replaced without cost to the homeowner; however, any additional electrical repairs or services provided by a hired contractor will need to be filed with the insured as well. Make sure you retain invoices or receipts from the contractor as well. Should you have further questions or concerns that cannot be addressed by the Department of Public Safety, you may contact the City’s Director of Risk Management and Human Resources, Robin Entrekin, at 864.200.4508.

My Clinton News

P.O. Box 180
513 North Broad St.
Clinton, SC 29325
Phone: (864) 833-1900
Fax: (864) 833-1902


Sign Up For Breaking News

Stay informed on our latest news!

Manage my subscriptions

Subscribe to My Clinton News Newsletter feed
Comment Here